Some text before
Client: European Commission DG MOVE
Study on Support measures for the implementation of the TEN-T core network related to sea ports, inland ports and inland waterway transport.
In accordance with the TEN-T guidelines, the consortium in which STC-NESTRA was part of elaborated on the concept of “Good Navigation Status” and prepared the implementation of legal requirements concerning the infrastructure conditions of inland waterways on the TEN-T.
The specific services provided included:
• Establishing and support for a working group of experts as regards Good Navigation Status
• Desk study definitions & approaches
• Specification GNS requirements
• Development of KPIs, monitoring and reporting requirements
• Assessment of the IWW network & feeding TENTec
• Outline the critical sections & development of a roadmap
• Development of guidelines on Good Navigation Status
• Making a contribution Impact Assessment
• Study on exemption criteria 1315/2013 art. 15 3(a)
• Overall management and coordination
Client: European Union
The overall objective of the programme is to facilitate and promote the reform in the waterborne transport in line with the obligations of the Association Agreement (AA) between the European Union and Ukraine, in particular the promotion of efficient, effective and safe transport operations (Article 367) and the gradual approximation of Ukraine’s legislation to EU legislation.
The assignment had three main components:
1. Improve the legal and regulative framework required for reforming the IWW-subsector in relation to the Association Agreement;
2. Contribute to the improvement and facilitation of the IWT-subsector in the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine (MIU) and the related institutions, building overall capacity with an aim to improve the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of IWT-systems in Ukraine, creating the enabling environment in which the IWT industry operates in terms of the effectiveness of sector organisation, the market freedoms which it permits, the regulatory constraints it imposes, and the responsiveness with which the government and MIU fulfil their functions;
3. Provide a comprehensive IWT facilitation plan for the Dnipro-River, based on an assessment of the existing transport and freight supply/demand situation in Ukraine and an identification of all infrastructure, institutional, regulatory, environmental, safety and commercial challenges hindering IWT competitiveness